Thursday 18 October 2012

"Your Thing Task 2:

So, for this thing you should have added the 12 Things RSS feed to your reader, and also may have added a few others, either from the suggestions or from your own browsing.

Now write a short blog entry on your experiences. What are your impressions of RSS? Do you think you will find it useful in your work or personal life?  How could you use it within your library?"




Quite late to the party with this post, and with RSS generally - I think of it, probably erroneously, as quite old-fashioned now - I guess I mean old fashioned in internet terms, i.e., 2005!!!! I've always used the built-in readers in browsers whenever I've used RSS feeds (and that has been seldom) but I like the idea of a personalised home/start-up page full of my RSS feeds there for me whenever I fire up a browser/computer, hinted at as a later Thing. 

I've found them to be quite divisive with library users; most people don't care about them, but a small number swear by them, or have been very interested when shown them.


No comments:

Post a Comment